This is My Story
Hello, I’m Jennie Banks, and I’m a wife, mother, health coach and natural solutions advocate.
Like many of you, my children and life experiences have shaped my passions. Specifically, my daughter Hope has been the inspiration for much of my life’s journey.
Hope is 23 years old and is a recent graduate of the ClemsonLIFE program at Clemson University. She also happens to have Down syndrome. At each stage of her life, I have been an educator….teaching others about Down syndrome, about Hope’s abilities, about opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities, and about the possibilities of college and independent living. And now, the educating continues but looks differently as I focus also on the families of children like Hope and women over 40 who need more support and energy in their lives. Please click the area below you want to know more about!
My Recent Work
Volunteer experience with women:
- Conducted several 6 week long workshops through the Food Bank for low income families, educating them about nutrition and how to cook healthy meals on a budget.
- Led numerous grocery store tours for adults—teaching label reading, ways to save money, how to shop the perimeter of the grocery store and get everything you need, and finding healthy options for the foods you love.
Volunteer experience with special needs
- Conducted a 6 week workshop for residents in a Supported Living Program, educating them about healthy living—including basic nutrition facts, cooking skills, how to cook healthy meals on a budget, and ways to incorporate exercise into your day.
- Conducted a 6 week health and wellness workshop for young adults in the ClemsonLIFE postsecondary program, educating them on label reading, basic nutrition facts, how to cook quick and healthy meals on a budget and ways to incorporate exercise into your day.
- Led grocery store tours for young adults with intellectual disabilities teaching label reading, healthy snack options, how to shop the perimeter of the grocery store and get everything you need, and how to find healthy options for the foods you love.